[Fredslist] Employment/Independent Contractor Attorney needed in Florida

sandra busell sandiesq at gmail.com
Thu May 27 11:08:48 EDT 2010

Below is the write up from my brother who is a driver for a limousine
company.  He feels that he may have a case.  Does anyone (legal group
please) in Gotham (Iknow we have a Florida contingency) think they may be
able to assist or meet with him?  See below:

*I have been an independent contractor solely for my 6 years in Florida.For
the first three years in between jobs the company had its drivers stay
available by sitting on the streets to wait for jobs,this would insinuate
that I was their employee.As such I am due renumeration at my then current
rate of pay for all the hoursspnt sitting,salary then approx70 G now
120G.Aventura Limousine has had to settle out of court with three previous
lawsuits, all that paid I am told in the six figure range,my case far
exceeding previous ones.Other factors for suit are that I currently have
more than 80 clients in my filles as mine yet I know for fact that a good
number of times my accts have MANY times been given out to other drivers to
do,whether thru spite or stupidity I believe this to merit
consideration.Anoother factor is outright harrassmentfor all 6 years which
can be easily documented and I have a good number of these instances on my
computer thru letters written to them on various matters.The lawyer who won
these previous cases no longer does this type of work for what reason I am
not sure,please help me find a firm that  are sharks as this firm Aventura
is devious at their very best.Last at this time this company has changed
their business plans to include hourly drivers being employeed at $7.25 per
hour in order to force out their higher paid commissionary drivers,like
myself and has put MANY of these drivers out ,which to me might indicate a
possible classaction lawsuit ,all as the owners are enjoying new luxury 100
G plus vehicles while their oldtimers are forced to the curb,not a good
story to a jury of our peers HELP Rod*
**

Thanks Sandi

--
Sandra N. Busell
Busell & Stier, PLLC

***NOTICE***

This e-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged, attorney
work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have
received this message in error, or are not a named recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
message from your computer. Thank you.