[Fredslist] Unemployment

Carmichaels Cleaning ccleaning at optonline.net
Wed May 19 14:19:59 EDT 2010

What is the requirement for unemployment and what do they base your
percentage on.

I understand that you cant quite a job and expect to collect
unemployment. My office is closing in the next month or so, and I am
trying to figure out an exit strategy that will suit me best. I am
considering reducing my hours to 4 days a week, but I am concerned that
I may not be entitled to full unemployment because I will be working
less than 37.5 hrs.

If anyone can give me some insight as to how they determine how much you
are entitled to, how long and how often do you receive checks on a
monthly basis, I would greatly appreciate it. In addition, can you
collect unemployment if you work partime less than 20 hours a week?

Adam Carmichael
Carmichaels Cleaning Service