[Fredslist] Food Allergy Kids Summer Seminar

Jill Tipograph/Everything Summer jill at everythingsummer.com
Tue May 18 17:29:06 EDT 2010

Dear Gothamites:

I wanted to let you know about an educational seminar the Food Allergy
Educational Alliance in Westchester is hosting on June 8, from 10am-noon.
Approximately 3 million children in America have food allergies; and many
are life-threatening.

The group has asked me to return to update parents of food-allergic children
on how they should approach camps and summer programs on managing food
allergies effectively; understanding how safe an environment may be safe for
their food allergic child. It's the 'How-to's for Food-Allergic Kids in
Summer Camp.'

>From the FAEA group's founder:
Jill Tipograph, founder of Everything Summer, will be our next speaker. Jill
has spoken to our group in the past and we are delighted to have her back
again. She is a veteran camp expert who has worked as a professional summer
program planner and consultant for over 15 years. Jill and her team have
researched over 2,000 summer programs; her company is an independent
consultancy that parents engage to find the right 'fit' for their child or
teen. They visit camps/programs in season and personally interview camp and
program directors throughout the year to understand each program's culture,
enabling her to give first-hand insights to her clients.
Jill's team has worked with many food allergy families and is well-versed in
the needs and concerns specific to our community. The 2010 edition of her
book, Your Everything Summer Guide & Planner
<http://www.everythingsummer.com/guide.htm>  has a section dedicated to food
allergies and camp.
Jill's work has been featured in NBC's Today Show and Live at Five News,
Parents TV; New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Smart Money, Real Simple,
Business Week, MSNBC, Forbes, ABCNews.com, Bloomberg, etc.
As we approach this camp season and also think about future camp
possibilities, Jill's discussion will be especially relevant and insightful.

Please R.S.V.P to me no later than June 1st if you plan to attend this
meeting. I need to inform the host and will then send you location details.
Please feel free to pass this information onto anyone who could benefit.

Jill Tipograph
Founder/Director
Everything Summer, LLC
jill at everythingsummer.com
www.everythingsummer.com

Author of Your Everything Summer Guide & Planner
<http://www.everythingsummer.com/guide.htm>
Connect with me on:
Twitter <http://twitter.com/jilltipograph>
Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everything-Summer/216746406220?ref=ts>
LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=5906417&authToken=94sC&aut
hType=NAME_SEARCH&locale=en_US&srchindex=1&pvs=ps&goback=%2Efps_Jill+Tipogra
ph_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_true_CC%2CN%2CI%2CG%2CPC%2CED%2
CFG%2CL%2CDR_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2>