[Fredslist] Honorng Fed Klein- Rising to the Challenge

JanPresent at aol.com JanPresent at aol.com
Mon May 17 09:07:05 EDT 2010

To all Gothamites everywhere
I am a Gothamite. I see all the Gotham  emails all day every day. I read
all the emails (or at least most of them) and  notice all the names of those
whose names appear with great regularity on the  site. So I speak with some
authority. I am wondering why we have not  received contributions  in honor
of our leader, from many of the very  regular Gotham web site users.
We have received contributions in honor of  Fred, from 60 individuals, and
my sincere thanks go to everyone who has  contributed. But 60  contributions
represents only 10% of Gotham's  membership, so that is disappointing, if
it really is "better to give than to  receive".  We have raised $20,000 so
far. I have processed checks starting  at $25.00 all the way up to $5000. Fred
guessed that we would raise $33,000 by  the time of the actual event. You
cannot begin to imagine what that kind of  money can do for the benefit of
our Leadership students.
So, I hereby challenge all of Gotham  to rise to the occasion, and help
Fred reach his personal goal. No contribution  is too small, and each one makes
a difference. Below is my original letter to  you, the link to the web site
is there. Click away.
JP

GOTHAM’S CREDO IS “IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO  RECEIVE”
It is fair to  say that there isn’t a single member of Gotham, who has not
been touched, in  some way, over the past 13 years, by the generosity of
spirit of its  inspirational founder, Fred Klein, who has “given so much more
than he has  received.”
Now there is  an opportunity for all of Gotham to thank Fred for his vision
and the  overwhelming success of Fred’s list.
All  Gothamites know that “Leadership & Public Service High School” is Fred
’s  other passion. Since its inception in 1993, Fred has served as a
Founder, and  Fund Raising Chairman of the “Friends of Leadership”. His
determination has  helped to make the Friends’ program the largest and most
successful program of  its kind in New York City, applauded by Mayor Mike Bloomberg
and Schools’  Chancellor Joel Klein.
In June, the  “Friends” will hold a reception at Syracuse University Lubin
House to honor  Fred, Dick Adelman and Dr. Lonnie Morrison, for their
dedication to the  Leadership and Public Service High school. We are creating a
souvenir journal so  that everyone who would like to be included in honoring
them can participate.  The funds we all raise together will benefit the work
of the Friends in support  of the students at Leadership.
After the  reception we will publish the journal on Fred’s list, and
include the names of  all the contributors in the appropriate categories so Fred,
and all of Gotham,  will be able to see how appreciative we are for Fred’s
extraordinary  contribution to successful networking, and the students of our
city.
You can  donate now by clicking on _www.hslaps.org/benefit.html_
(http://www.hslaps.org/benefit.html)   .  You will receive a  receipt of your
contribution for tax purposes. Your donation is fully  deductible.
Thank you in  advance for creating a memorable event for Gotham’s founder.
Jane W.  Present, Founder, The Friends of Leadership, Journal Chair
Ruth S.  Sherman, Chair, The Friends of Leadership
Meghan  Lantier, Benefit Chair

Jane W.  Present
799 Park Avenue
Apartment 14 C