[Fredslist] Broadway's Next Hit Musical

Gerald Goldhaber geraldgoldhaber at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 15:02:49 EDT 2010

RUN, DON'T WALK TO SEE THIS ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICALLY FUNNY SHOW.  Gotham's Expert Witness Group member, Bob Schiffmann and his wife Marilyn can be very proud of their son, Rob, who stars in Broadway's Next Hit Musical, probably the funniest improv show ever to hit NYC.  I was fortunate to see a sold-out performance of this show last Friday night at The Triad (W.72nd St.) and without any expectations, I spent probably the most entertaining 2 hours in my recent memory in NYC (with, of course the exception of my son, Marcus' live jazz shows).  The evening starts with the audience submitting individual (and totally made up) song titles, 4 of which this extremely talented cast select at random and then create a mini story and complete musical song performed without any preparation.  The audience selects the winning presentation and within 2 minutes, the cast performs a 45-minute complete show based around this song, story and adds, for good measure, several
 other totally improvised songs.  What makes this show so extraordinary is that the story and songs actually sound like a real show that you might find at any of a number of Broadway and Off-Broadway houses right now....except with this show, the laughs start at the opening number and are as relentless as the daily ocean tides.    The next time Bob Schiffmann tells you the show is coming our way, grab a ticket immediately!  Unfortunately, by me telling you this, there will be less of a chance for me to go back again and again....once you see this, you will be as hooked as me!  Gerry Goldhaber

 Gerald M. Goldhaber, Ph.D.
President and CEO
GRA, LLC
800 6th Avenue, Suite 26G