[Fredslist] RCS Sings Carmina Burana - 4/17

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 17:08:20 EST 2010

Hello  Everyone,
Here's  the heads up on Riverside Choral Society's Spring Concert   ~
Saturday  night April 17, 2010,  8:00 pm.
Alice  Tully Hall (66th & Broadway)
We  have an exciting program lined up!
The  first part features wonderful composer Lou Harrison ~ we'll sing a
few lovely shorter pieces, followed by his Concerto for Violin and  Percussion
Orchestra.
The  second part is our piece de resistance performance of Carmina Burana
(composer Carl Orff), a thrilling, dramatic and highly original piece.
You've heard snippets in various soundtracks and probably wondered  where that
great music came from, now you can hear it all!  The text of  this piece is
lustful Latin poetry by lapsed clerics, discovered  in a monastery (the
poems, not the clerics).
Joining  us onstage is the acclaimed Brooklyn Youth Chorus (Dianne Berkun,
Director), the Rutgers University Kirkpatrick Choir (under the baton of
Professor Patrick Gardner, RCS's very own conductor!), and the Rutgers
Percussion Ensemble (Joseph Tompkins,  Director).  Excellent professional soloists
will delight  you including Jennifer Bird-Arvidsson - Soprano, Raymond
Ayers -  Baritone, and Matthew Garrett - Tenor.  Rounding us out are
accomplished pianists Margaret Kampmeier & Holly Chatham, and Owen  Dalby on violin.

This  promises to be a fabulous musical evening and a sellout, so don't
miss  out!
Contact  me for tickets  ~  $25 / $45 /  $75
Hope  to see you there!
Iris

Iris  Wolinsky
Attorney Arbitrator Mediator