[Fredslist] Need help getting an oncology appointment ASAP

Eric J. Miller ejm at millerconsulting.net
Thu Jun 24 11:40:43 EDT 2010

Gotham,

My family just learned that my, what otherwise appears to be perfectly
healthy and robust 84 year old mother has a malignant tumor on her lung.
We were referred to Dr.s Mark G. Kris and Lee M. Krug, thoracic
oncologists at Sloan Kettering and have made an appointment with Dr.
Kris - but we're told he cannot see Mom for almost a month - not until
July 20th.  Moreover, Dr. Kris and his team will not accept a new
patient if they have already started treatment with another physician.
While we also have an appointment this Monday with Dr. Harry Harper of
Hackensack Hospital, (Mom lives in Mahwah NJ) it seems ill-advised to
wait a month before getting a second opinion or starting some treatment.

Does anyone have any connections, pull, or suggestions and how to
arrange to see Dr. Kris, Lee or another member of their team before July
20th?  Any thoughts and ideas on how to make this happen would be some
welcomed, hopeful news. We are really desperate to take action here and
soon as possible.

In advance, thank you Gotham, very, very much.

Regards,

Eric J. Miller
The Miller Consulting Group, Inc.

599 Lexington Avenue at 53rd Street

17th Floor

New York, NY 10022-6030

(212) 843-8888 x-100 - W
(212) 888-8438 - F
(917) 863-8888 - C
EJM at MillerConsulting.net <mailto:EJM at MillerConsulting.net>

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachment is strictly confidential. Any use, distribution,
dissemination, or reproduction of any part of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies.  Thank you.