[Fredslist] The challenge of putting Mom into assisted living

Weber, David DWeber at prudentialct.com
Wed Jun 2 09:37:43 EDT 2010

Hello Gotham,
I just read Linda Queenie Newman's email about her mom.
I am happy to hear that Queenie's mom is adjusting to living in an Assisted Living environment. It reminded me of what I went through with my mom. My mom went into a facility in 2000 and I did not have someone like Jack Halpern to help us with the process. It was tough. Even though I visited her twice a week until she passed away in 2003, she never quite adjusted to living in that environment, although she did like getting her hair and nails done every week and having someone cook for her every day. Some of you may face this scenario with a parent in the future. Gotham is indeed fortunate that there are people like Jack who understand this challenge and can be there to offer guidance. I wish I knew him in 2000. Gotham offers help in so many ways that I could not have anticipated. I'm grateful to be a a part of it.

David Weber
Prudential Connecticut Realty
dweber at prudentialct.com<mailto:dweber at prudentialct.com>
www.dweberhomes.com<http://www.dweberhomes.com/>