[Fredslist] Free, Fun City-of-Water-Day events

David Alexander MyEmail2 at OpalComputing.com
Tue Jul 13 13:10:19 EDT 2010

As a greenie (member of GOtham Green) I thought this should be publicized as
a fun day for families and for adults, that helps us stay aware of how
important water is in our lives, including for fun.  Here is the
announcement they sent to me with a request to share it:

The Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance is a non-profit organization that
working to revitalize the NY-NJ harbor and waterways. Each year we organize
the City of Water Day Festival (www.cityofwaterday.org
<http://www.cityofwaterday.org/> )-a FREE day of entertainment, education
and adventure for the whole family celebrating the potential of our
waterfront. This year the event is taking place on Saturday, July 24 from
10am to 4pm.  The main festival site in on Governors Island, with additional
activities in Liberty State Park (NJ), Brooklyn Bridge Park, and Atlantic
Basin.

We'd love for you to mention our event if you think it is of interest to
your readers.

Here is the event description.  Or you can just check out the website
(www.cityofwaterday.org).

If you have any further questions please contact:

Ian Douglas, Development and Communications Associate at: 212-935-9831 ext.
103
Cortney Worrall, Director of Programs at 212-935-9831 ext. 102
Website: www.cityofwaterday.org

David Alexander
http://OpalComputing.com
http://Green-Wave-Email.com