[Fredslist] Goin' Up The Country (a foray from LI and NEQ to the not quite hinterlands)

Corey Bearak bearak at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 10:44:40 EDT 2010

So our leader Fred and webmaster Mitchgraciously allowed me to bum a ride to White Plains for a meeting ofGotham Westchester early Wednesday morning. I also got to chat in thecar with NYC and LI Health GC Cindy Somma who I got to know a bistlebetter. It was supposed to be a quicker ride to the real hinterlandsbut somehow it seems every driver who contributes to a crowded LIEfound the Hutch that morning (it could just be the sun glare).

As soon as we arrive Westhchester GCnot only greeted the heralded part of our entourage but was equallywarm and gracious to Cindy and your faithful correspondent. It wasvery much appreciated and set a nice tone for me.

Just inside I find fellow LI Legal butWestchester homeboy Jeff Lewis (also of Israeloff Legal) which justadded to this "outsider's comfort.

Westchester folks were just beyondfriendly and if traffic did not get in the way, no doubt I'd haveexchanged personal greetings with each and every attendee.

Before I could down my first coffee,there was Katalin Goencz trying to figure out if I was the widelyanticipated (non-Gothamite) guest who I later learned had apparentlycanceled out. I explained my spiel and then exchanged greetings withMaddi Sussman and Barbara Bel.

Michael Zeldes ran an interestingmeeting only giving a gratuitious "cut off the spiel"signal once and unnecessarily so to the Gothamite who wields it morethan any other and perhaps more combined than any other.

I do not know what I did to deserve it(oh maybe I do) but when I attend Gotham and it's my turn to spiel(and I believe I do so rather nicely in my own way), if Fred isthere, he just seems to enjoy taking my time; so it makes me wonderwhether I should just let the esteemed leader's words carry the dayfor me. I opted nevertheless to open my mouth.

What really impressed me about theWestchesters was the way they took to networkers; meeting each otheroutside Gotham; providing leads, business, assistance; they get themantra.

One by one each discussed theirpractice and/ or business and who of the group they interacted withaway from the (Gotham) table.

After the formalities ended and themeeting broke up, Fred moved to take some pics where the websitelacked that important view.  And I observed enough folks lingeringperhaps to set up further meets.  I got to chat politics and play whodo you know with Carol Greenwald; and concerts and music with JimKramer.  Heck even I came away with a meeting on July 22 (and someoneeven is crossing the bridge to visit me.  Wow!).

A foray just north is something Iheartily recommend.

-Corey Bearak
 Gotham Towers/ LI Legal

p.s. by happenstance you can play findthe song titles which are by chance within various sentences andphrases above, if you'd like.

Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counselor
PO Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY  11004
(718) 343-6779 * fax: (718) 225-3366
Bearak at aol.com  CoreyBearak.com   Bearak onTwitter

If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply  and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.

ThisInternet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or PrivilegedInformation which is intended only for use by the individual or entityfor which the transmission is addressed.  If you are not the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination,copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify thisoffice by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the returnof the documents to us at no cost to you.

[Sent from my laptop]