[Fredslist] Casting Call for Wicked Genius Tech/Design/Build Experts...

Rein Triefeldt rein at triefeldt.com
Fri Jul 2 12:30:11 EDT 2010

Greetings Gotham!
Tired of your day job?... Looking to break into show business?... Here¹s
your oppertunity!

As Co-founder & Board Member of the Kinetic Art Organization, active in 60
countries. I received the following email from Thomas Giglio, an associate
from Barbara Barna Casting <http://barbarabarnacasting.com/> . He is looking
for Tech/Design/Build experts for a major cable network. If you know anyone
that might fit the bill, please forward them the information below.

Have A Great Fourth of July weekend!
-Rein
Environmental Artist
³We are dedicated to programs that introduce communities and individuals to
solar energy through the sculptural arts²
Rein Triefeldt, LLC
Studio: 609 656-2380, Cell: 609 954-1751
Web: http://www.triefeldt.com, Email: rein at triefeldt.com

-A major cable network is searching for talented experts to be part of a
mischievous and fun "gang" of builders, scientists, inventors, engineers,
carpenters, welders, and/or designers for a new series where they will
mod/re-purpose/fabricate/retro-engineer everyday machines & objects and then
release them back into the world.

-Do you get a thrill out of designing your own contraptions, hacking
gadgets, or modifying machines and watching them in action? We are looking
for people who love to invent, hack, tinker, build robots, race power tools,
weld together bizarre machines that drive, fly, climb, shoot flames or
launch.
-Looking for men and women late 20s to early 40s, all ethnicities. Skills
could include: welding, knowledge of aeronautics, auto mechanics,
hydraulics, metal working, engineering, carpentry, pyro technics,
thermodynamics, aerodynamics, material science, electronics.

-You MUST be totally at ease with technology, well schooled in science, and
comfortable working in a shop/lab environment. Should be credible,
interesting, and authentic with a unique point of view.
No prior television experience necessary -- just have a passion for mad and
unconventional science.

Series shoots Fall 2010
If interested, please submit the following:

-- BUILD SERIES in the subject line
-- FULL NAME, HEIGHT, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
-- RECENT PHOTO OF YOURSELF (please make sure we can clearly see your face)
-- RESUME or BIO
-- PARAGRAPH DETAILING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
-- SHORT VIDEO (under 3 minutes) showing you and your funny and relevant
skills.

** Be sure to say your name, occupation and phone number on the video.
** Be sure to make it entertaining, informative & conversational.
** Not looking for polished news anchors or hosts, but you, natural, on your
best day. Have fun.

Please submit via email ASAP to barbarabarnacasting at gmail.com AND
cablenetworkcasting at gmail.com.

Contact: Thomas Giglio
Casting Associate, Barbara Barna Casting

718.864.6606
giglio.t at gmail.com
http://thomasgiglio.com