[Fredslist] Songs of Love Results

Gail Koelln gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com
Mon Jan 25 12:53:00 EST 2010

Fellow Gothamites,

I thought you'd like to see this email (below) from John Beltzer, thanking
people for voting for the Songs of Love Foundation.  It demonstrates how
amazing he and the organization are.

Best wishes,

Gail

Subject: Songs of Love Wins!

It's not what you think. Although we didn't place in the top 6 to win money
from Chase Bank, we won many more new supporters. We won a lot more
visibility. We won a lot of love from all the people who supported us in
this campaign. We won a lot of good will going forward that will help in
future fundraising efforts. We won 38th place out of 500,000 charities that
initially entered this race. We won the support of a top music star Jason
Mraz that has 2,000,000 fans on his Facebook page. We won a lot of media
coverage centered around this campaign including an ongoing PSA on 1010
WINS, the largest radio station in the country Thanks to News Director Ben
Mevorach. We won an essentially free crash course in Social Media marketing
that will set a new course for Songs of Love as we continue to build a huge
army of online followers. All this my beautiful friends, is worth a lot more
than the million dollars we could have won. There will be a lot more than a
million dollars raised as we enter the new decade armed with this newfound
knowledge that we could not have expected to learn in such a short period of
time. Be proud that you were a part of a most unprecedented effort. We here
at Songs of Love are profoundly grateful for all your intense efforts and we
hope together we all contribute to building our fan base on Facebook.

Please continue to encourage and inspire all your friends to join us at
www.facebook.com/songsoflove. Let's build the world's biggest symphony of
love on there! May the gift of song keep playing throughout your lives.

A Big Hug, John Beltzer

P.S. Everyone in the group please move over to www.facebook.com/songsoflove

Gail Koelln

President