[Fredslist] East Meets West in Gotham

Joel Schnur joel at schnurassociates.com
Wed Jan 13 15:46:36 EST 2010

Dear Along the Network:

I met with John Mangione yesterday. John hails from Suffolk County and I
work in Manhattan, hence the title of my post. He had called me some weeks
back because  a fellow Gothamite told him to contact to me to answer a
question dealing with accessing a government official because of a business
deal gone bad.

We spoke, I did my "better to give than to receive" thing and then
discovered that besides having marketing/PR in common, we also both dealt
with issues dealing with brain tumors, he for The Needlers Foundation and I
for The Brain Tumor Foundation.

John is pleasant and full of information and claims quite a few successes
under his belt. Nonetheless, I am convinced that John either has a shady
past, is in the Witness Protection Program or is hiding out from the feds or
wiseguys.or perhaps both. Why else would he have a business card that
doesn't have his name on it? Why would he go under the moniker of "Johnny
Sax?"

Yeah, yeah! He gave me this bullshit story about being a former saxophone
player but I'm not buying it. Methinks he is a spy from another networking
group trying to learn our tribal secrets.

Well, Johnny Boy! It won't work!

Okay! So I got a little carried away. John is really a great guy to get to
know. He also oversees golf tournaments that will help raise big bucks for
your not-for-profit organizations. I am trying to convince him to come and
the ride the circuit at the Friars so we can all get to meet this stand up
guy.

So the next time you speak to, hear of or meet John Mangione, tell him to
"Come on down" to Gotham Central.

All the best, all the time, to all of you.

Joel

___________________________

Joel Schnur

Senior VP