[Fredslist] Author Chris Bohjalian Visits the NY Area

Julie Klein julie2k at optonline.net
Thu Jan 7 10:43:16 EST 2010

You may remember that we featured Chris' book, "Skeletons at the Feast" during one of our Book Club discussions.  Well, he is excited to participate again with his new book "Secrets of Eden" and we are looking for a date in April.

In the meantime, Chris sent me this information to let the Gotham Book Club know that he will be appearing in our area to discuss SECRETS OF EDEN:

February 4 (Thursday)
7:00 p.m.
Barnes & Noble
1280 Lexington Avenue
Secrets of Eden
New York, NY

February 5 (Friday)
7:30 p.m.
Barnes & Noble
600 Smith Haven Mall
Secrets of Eden
Lake Grove, NY

If your schedules permit, please join me.  It would be a delight to meet you.

The early reviews are encouraging:
Bohjalian "drops bombshell clues. . .and weaves subtle nuances of doubt and intrigue into a taut, read-in-one-sitting murder mystery."
— Booklist, Starred and Boxed Review

"Bohjalian (Law of Similars) has built a reputation on his rich characters and immersing readers in diverse subjects—homeopathy, animal rights activism, midwifery—and his latest surely won’t disappoint. . . This is a masterfully human and compassionate tale."
— Publishers Weekly, Starred and Boxed Review

 "Specificity and complexity and. . .a somber power."
— Kirkus Reviews

Thanks again for your faith in my work.

All the best,

Chris B.