[Fredslist] Get Certified!!

Ellin Yassky medici18 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 22:32:17 EST 2010

Today I spent 5 hours getting certified by the National Heart Association to use a defibrillator as well as CPR certification for adults and children.

I almost didn't go. The thought of the responsibility of actually doing CPR or using a defibrillator made me uncomfortable . . . squeamish. What if I couldn't help? How would I feel? What if I got too nervous?  But I went to the training because I'm a board member of a senior housing facility and felt it was part of my fiduciary duty.

I'm so glad I went.  I now realize that I'd feel WORSE if something happened to someone and I stood by and DIDN'T help. I'd have to keep that with me for a very long time. And although it was a long day of training,  I feel as if I've accomplished something — something I hope I NEVER have to use.

I urge you all to take advantage of this training.  It's not about being a hero or anything like this. It's just about being able to help "if and when." And after all, isn't that what Gotham is all about?

 Ellin Yassky, Ph.D.
Medici Editorial Services, LLC
39 Woodbine Lane
Fairfield, Connecticut 06825
203.581.0395
Ellin at MediciEditorial.com
www.MediciEditorial.com

Tu Ne Cede Malis, Sed Contra Audentior Ito
Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them
Check out my newest article on the Kladno Torah RededicationProject: http://magazine.fandm.edu/?p=171