[Fredslist] Controller needed for Hedge Fund---Position to 150K

Kamberg, Jeffrey (02940) Jeffrey.Kamberg at roberthalf.com
Fri Feb 12 15:28:17 EST 2010

One of our clients has a need for a Hedge Fund Controller.
Candidates must have a CPA and MBA with Fund of Funds Experience.
Please have candidates respond directly to this e-mail if they are qualified for the position.

ABOUT THE FIRM: Emerging Markets Hedge Fund, specializing in Indian markets. The firm has offices in New York and Mumbai and manages Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Real Estate and Mezzanine Debt capital.

ABOUT THE POSITION:
Candidates will be experienced fund accountants who are both detail-oriented and hard-working. The New York office is a small office and the right candidate will be comfortable in such an environment.  The right candidate will consider no task too small or large as the firm is lean and does not believe in bureaucracy in any form.  An ideal candidate will combine experience in hedge fund accounting with private equity fund accounting and will have experience with daily NAV calculation (HF) as well as capital account statement/fund audit preparation (PE).  We seek a candidate who will be able to hit the ground running in a self-sufficient manner.  Generally, we seek a team member who will contribute to the development of the firm's back office in an attempt to constantly benefit the firm and further its goals.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

 *   Daily/Monthly NAV Calculation.
 *   Partnership accounting several private funds.
 *   Capital account statement preparation.
 *   Coordination of capital calls, new investments, fees.
 *   Performance calculations and general reporting for the funds.
 *   Liaise with administrators, prime brokers, custodians, trading desks/back offices, vendors, etc.
 *   Managing the finances of the management company (New York and Mumbai)
 *   Oversee the operations of the New York office and of the firm (New York and Mumbai) in general.
 *   Drive the annual audit processes in coordination with our auditors.
REQUIREMENTS:

 *   CPA
 *   Degree in Accounting
 *   In-depth experience with the process of calculating the daily and monthly NAVs
 *    Partnership accounting experience in the areas of Private Equity/Real Estate/Mezzanine Debt
ADDITIONAL:

*        Emerging Markets or India experience

*        EM/Asia/India/International Equity experience

*        Experience with a public accounting firm

*        CFA, MBA

Jeffrey N. Kamberg
Recruiting Manager
Robert Half International
245 Park Avenue-25th Fl
New York, NY 10167

Phone (212) 983 1800
Fax     (212) 983 5629

email:  jeffrey.kamberg at roberthalf.com<mailto:jeffrey.kamberg at roberthalf.com>
www.roberthalf.com<http://www.roberthalf.com>
www.rhi.com<http://www.rhi.com>

Worldwide Leader in Specialized Staffing Services Since 1948.