[Fredslist] 7 Secrets of Collaborative Dialogue

Tessa Marquis tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com
Thu Feb 4 17:04:17 EST 2010

Shoes. Ask about their shoes.

I love working with younger people, and most of my volunteer work is in
groups of younger folks (19 - 30), probably because of the interests that
bring us together. What they lack in skills is made up for by enthusiasm and
energy. It is also important, I believe, to be more interested in them than
you are in yourself. I was with a 14 year old last week and reminded him
that he hasn't finished his lesson in lapel-button construction with me from
a few months ago. We also discussed his hair and of course his footwear.

But generally if they are young professionals it is legit to start with
their career. If they are in a networking situation, that is after all what
they are there to talk about.

Tessa Marquis

Gotham New Haven, Where Great Soles Meet.
New Standard Institute, Inc.
84 Broad Street  |  Milford, CT 06460  |  USA
203.783.1582 x101
 <mailto:tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com>
tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com

  _____