[Fredslist] New Gotham Group in Formation - Suggestions Needed!

clamal at lamal-law.com clamal at lamal-law.com
Tue Dec 28 14:17:29 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Over the past couple years, we've held several irregularly scheduled Gotham
Charitable Forum luncheons, as occasions for Gotham members who are active
in their communities or have an interest in charitable, educational and
cultural programs and activities to meet and share their interests.

We are now in the process of transforming the Charitable Forum into a
regular Gotham group, which will have its inaugural lunch meeting on Monday,
January 31, at Friars.  During the new group's organizational phase, all
Gotham members are invited to join us at our luncheons (at the regular $45
lunch fee), to meet other Gotham members and to help shape the new group and
plan for its future.  Subsequent lunch meetings during the initial six-month
formation phase will take place on March 7, April 18 and June 7.  Linda
Lamel and I will serve as co-chairs along with Fred, and I will also serve
as Group Coordinator.

We need your help, however, in coming up with a name for our new Gotham
group.  "Charitable Forum" isn't a very good name, because it can suggest to
some people that it's about donations and fundraising or is focused only on
social service type of organizations to the exclusion of educational or
cultural programs.  One possible alternative would be the Gotham "Community
Engagement" group.  Another possibility would be the Gotham "Give Back"
group (as in "giving back" to the community).  Do you have any suggestions
or ideas for a name?  Please share them.  One of the agenda items for our
inaugural lunch on January 31 will be to choose a name.

All best wishes to all of you for the New Year.

Chris Lamal

_________________________

Christopher T. Lamal

Lamal Law Office