[Fredslist] Raj's TIP: The BEST Holiday Gift and the (nearly) perfect Game

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Mon Dec 13 12:07:16 EST 2010

Gothamites,

The BEST FAMILY-FRIENDLY holiday gift this year  is the XBOX KINECT with the
DANCE CENTRAL game!

If you already have an XBOX 360, all you need to do is buy the KINECT sensor
and KINECT-enabled games.

1) What makes the KINECT special?

A) It turns your whole body into a remote.

When you play Kinect, you jump, your avatar jumps.
You move left, your avatar moves left, etc.

B) No batteries to change, no remotes to lose

Unlike the Wii, PS2, PS3, or even the original Xbox, you do NOT need a
controller for the XBOX Kinect.
Your hands, feet and face  ARE the controllers.

If you remember the movie MINORITY REPORT - it's like that - only more fun!

---------------------

2) Why is DANCE CENTRAL the (nearly) PERFECT GAME?

A) Whether you're 4 or 84, if you can stand up, and move, you can dance!
DANCE CENTRAL is an amazing new game that teaches you new dance moves, and
grades you in real-time.

Unlike dance instructors, it never criticizes.
And you can dance in the privacy of your living room, or with friends &
family.

B) It's fun for the WHOLE family.

>From our 6 & 9 year old girls, to my 60+ mother, we're all dancing to DC.

It gets everyone off the couch and dancing - whether it's learning new
moves, or getting good cardio!

While the game is designed to train and test a single dancer, there are
several tracks where the whole family (or most of it!) joins in for group
dancing.

C) Best of all, there's NO LEARNING REQUIRED!

No manuals to read, no controls to memorize -- you move, it moves.
Very intuitive, very easy to pick up, very hard to put down!

---------------------

3) Why is DANCE CENTRAL nearly perfect?

In a world, where most games score a 60-70% on my scale, DC gets an
astonishing 94!

What's missing?

A) I wish there was a way to add our own songs

B) We would love a build-your-own-dance feature, where you can assemble the
moves into a new dance.
Nickelodeon has been doing this for years with their free LAZYTOWN game for
tweens...DanceCentral should have this as well.

C) I want PARTY MODE
It would be absolutely awesome if you could create a play/dancelist and let
DC go through the selected dances in a series...just like an iPod playlist.

Again, these are feature requests...not complaints against the game.

DanceCentral definitely opens up entertainment and gaming to a wider
audience.
Just as Ms. PacMan brought women into the arcades in the 1980s, I suspect DC
will bring parents, retired folks, and tweens into wholesome, family fun.

P.S.  And if you are self-conscious about your lack of dancing skills, never
fear.  A few hours with DanceCentral and you'll pick up moves that'll look
great on the dancefloor.

SUMMARY:
XBOX 360 + KINECT + DANCE CENTRAL ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

- Raj

Raj Goel, CISSP
CTO, Brainlink International, Inc.
Raj at brainlink.com
917-685-7731
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.