[Fredslist] Group Hug To You All

JADLER115 at aol.com JADLER115 at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 09:45:32 EST 2010

My Dear Gotham Family,
I have no idea what language could express what I feel in my heart  this
morning.  About 30 years ago I started to work with a small group  of people
on the Upper East Side whose sole aim was to better the lives of  children
going to a public school in their neighborhood  This school caters  to
homeless children, foster children with severe learning problems,  learning
disabled children for whatever the reason and in recent years autistic  and
sexually abused children were added to the mix.  The school has 5  different sites
and we are now taking from 2 of those sites.

They decided that these kids deserved a place in the sun for at least a few
 calm weeks in the summer.  When I joined the group as a tutor (because we
also do that), camp cost us $900.00 for three (3) weeks.  It now costs us
$2200.00 for the same period of
time.

Last night, at our fabulous cocktail party, The Friends were awarded a
check for $4,500.00.  Gotham will send two children to camp this  summer.  I
extend to each of you the invitation to take a trip upstate for  a visit one
day this summer to Camp Ramapo to see your money "at  joy".

As I said....what language could express my gratitude?  and that of  the
rest of the Board of Directors?  or the children  themselves?   Perhaps just
THANK YOU from our hearts says it  all.

Janet Adler
Janet Adler  Realty, Ltd
212 427 3809