[Fredslist] Gotham shines through Michelle Espey

Alan Klein alan.klein at acepayroll.com
Mon Aug 23 08:29:38 EDT 2010

I received a call from my brother (a former Gotham member but we are working on fixing that) that he had a friend who needed a tax attorney. It seemed this person had not filed her taxes for a few years and decided she needed to clear this up. She went to an accountant who advised her to call the IRS and tell them she was working on getting the returns completed. I am not sure what he was thinking having her, with no experience, call and represent herself. Well the IRS, now realizing she owes money, proceeded to instruct her bank that they were taking all monies she had in the account. They then went to her employer and put a 100% garnishment on all revenue she earned. Many folks referred her to lawyers - most of whom told her that she would probably go to jail for not filing. No doubt looking to instill fear and justify her hiring them.

Fortunately my brother did have the opportunity to reach within the Gotham network and knowing it was a tax issue, I immediately put him in touch with Michelle Espey. Well all I can say is his friend could not be happier. I was told this weekend that all funds have been put back in her bank account (Having dealt with the IRS I know this is no small feat), the levy has been removed from her earnings and she has been given a few weeks to complete her missing returns and get them filed.

If you or anyone you know has need for a great tax attorney - do not hesitate to call Michelle.