[Fredslist] Getting Laid off never felt this good thanks to Gotham...

Matthew JW. Smith msmith at entechserv.com
Fri Aug 13 14:10:45 EDT 2010

Hello Gotham Tribe...

I just wanted to give a Shout Out to Corey Bearak, Gurmeet Sodhi, Scott
Bloom, Debbie Lindner, Scott Klein and Carey Spiegel for reaching out to
me and offering me some help in finding a new job.  You guys Rock bigtime
and I thank you for reaching out to me and offering to help me out...I'm
getting Laid off today but I never felt so much love from such a great
organization...

At this point I'd like to focus my search and ask if anyone might have any
connections with Restaurants or with Dog Walking Agencies or something of
that ilk as I'm thinking that Waiting Tables or Dog Walking might be the
best for me all around.  Truth be told...

This experience has taught me that I might be going down the wrong
path...Although I'm good at sales, I'm realizing that may not be what I
really want to do with my life...I'm pretty sour on the whole experience
after what happened with this job I'm leaving today to tell the truth...

The long and short of it is that I want to Focus on my Writing career.
I'm working on a book right now (I haven't really spoken much about it but
it is true...I'M A CLOSET AUTHOR!!!) and that is really my first love
outside of my girlfriend whom I'm looking to marry.  I've been writing
since I was a kid and it is what I really want to do with my life...Always
has been.

As a result.. I'm actually taking the written test for a Federal Job
tomorrow for the U.S. Parks Police as an officer. (Thanks to Corey Bearak
putting it up on Fred's list)  It pays pretty well and given I have a
squeaky clean record) I could have a good shot at it.  I and my family
think it might be perfect given what I want to concentrate on...It could
provide a good life for me in that I could help folks out, have tons to
write about and also have more free time to Write in general...

So in that vein...As I go through the various hurdles...(The Written Test,
The Physical Endurance and Strength Test, the Background Check and then
finally Boot Camp, Yes they have one...) I would like to do something like
waiting tables, walking dogs, some counter work at a store or even
Administrative Assistant work or something of that nature to get me to the
point before I'd leave for the 5 Month Bootcamp...

Perhaps someone knows a Patriotic restaurant owner or business owner who
would like someone mature, dependable and intelligent (With a halfway
decent sense of humor LOL) and who would like to back up a man who would
like to make a living serving his country.  That's what I'd REALLY want
right now if it can be possible and I'm really praying for it...

Thank you in advance for your help...Also Thanks To Fred Klein for being
such an avuncular presence and a rocking guy in general...Although I have
to say that when I followed that lead he gave me to become one of Lady
Gaga's 'Wardrobe Assistants'....Her people hung up the phone on
me...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT FRED!  ;P

All kidding aside though...If you have any ideas or leads or friends that
you think I should meet...Please email me at
msmith at entechserv.com or please feel free to call me at 347 239-7345

I thank everyone in advance and hope to Rock N' Roll with Gotham well into
the future...

Cheers!

Matt Smith

 <http://www.entechserv.com/>