[Fredslist] Laughter Yoga Day on the NYC Subways, Sunday 5/2

Teri Bloom teribloom at mac.com
Tue Apr 27 11:16:38 EDT 2010

Hi Gotham,

Wanted to let everyone know about a fun event this Sunday May 2nd...
Organized public laughter on the NYC Subways...
The goal:  fun and to spread the word about the benefits of Laughter
Yoga, a worldwide movement started in India.

What is Laughter Yoga:  http://www.laughteryoga.us/laughter-yoga.php
http://www.laughteryogacorporate.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=60&Itemid=110
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnIn9ejLZ1A

Dr. Kataria, a medical doctor in India, found the health and immunity
benefits of laughter to be profound, and started the Laughter Yoga
movement which has spread throughout the world.

This Sunday May 2, there is an organized event where people will be
laughing on the NY City subways and hopefully the laughter will be
contagious and fun for everyone.
If you'd like to participate, please go to this link and register:  http://thelevityprojectnyc.eventbrite.com

all the best to everyone, Teri
Teri Bloom Photography Inc.
www.teribloom.com

Greetings Laughter Yoga Community of the Northeast!!

I am the Operations Manager for The Levity Project, a social movement
creating positive social change through laughter, play and celebration
by engaging in acts of levity in public places for the purpose of
awakening people to the value of bringing joy and lightness into our
lives.  The Levity Project works with the Laughter Yoga community when
we organize our events.  It is a powerful way for Laughter Yoga
leaders to bring their laughter to the streets.

On May 2nd- World Laughter Day, The Levity Project is looking for
participants to engage in public laughter and play in NYC.   We are
creating an event that will bring the spirit of laughter to the subway
trains of New York City.  Our intent is to spread laughter from the
participants to bystanders and back again creating a ripple effect of
positivity and possibility.

We will essentially by creating a Laughter Train, with hundreds of
people riding specific lines from 10am-12noon.  The trains will
converge in Times Square, where everyone will come together for a
World Laughter Day Celebration from 12-1:30pm, walking and laughing
from Times Square to the UN.

The founder of The Levity Project, Katie West, and I are both
Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders and love the amazing community of
people who are involved with LY.  We are joining forces with the
organizers of World Laughter Day in NYC to really create a powerful
event.  We are planning on getting press and making a mark that will
grow each year.

We would LOVE it if you could join us on the Laughter Train!  To take
part you must register at the link below.   You must be registered to
receive the detailed information of the specific laughter train
routes.  This will be a coordinated event to distribute laughers in
groups on cars.

http://thelevityprojectnyc.eventbrite.com

We invite you to check out our website to find out more about us.  You
can watch videos of previous TLP events there.
www.thelevityproject.com.

Please invite your friends.  Please pass this on to anyone you know in
the NYC area.  Please pass the information on through all of your
social media outlets.  We want this event to be BIG!

If you are interested in working with us on making World Laughter Day
in NYC worth global attention, please contact me.

Thanks so much for being awesome and doing what you do!

Love and laughter,

Ina Lukas

Operations Manager
The Levity Project
www.thelevityproject.com
760-500-9878

Creating social change through laughter, play and celebration.

"Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go
do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

-- Howard Thurman