[Fredslist] Invite - Cynthia Nixon & Fight Back New York

Bari Bari at barizahn.com
Mon Apr 19 21:11:55 EDT 2010

Tribe,

Please join me, along with actress Cynthia Nixon on Wednesday, April 28 for the first-ever reception in support of Fight Back New York - the new political action committee formed to replace anti-equality New York State Senators with candidates who will support full equality.

As a co-host of this event, I am proud to join Cynthia and her fiancée Christine to support Fight Back New York and I hope you'll join me:
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 6:30 pm

At the Home of Charles Myers
The St. Regis Hotel
5 East 55th Street, Apartment 1103
New York, NY

Minimum requested contribution: $250

To confirm your attendance, please email rsvp at fightbackpac.com<mailto:rsvp at fightbackpac.com>.

Fight Back New York already helped take out the first anti-equality target, State Senator Hiram Monserrate, who was defeated in a special election last month by now-Senator Jose Peralta, a pro-equality leader. They flooded the district with mail and phone calls, and raised over $100k - with every dollar raised focused on taking out anti-equality senators.

Together we can prove that there are political consequences to voting against equality. With one down and seven targets to go, there's only one question - if we aren't fighting back now, when will we?

I hope you will join me on April 28.

PS - To read more about Fight Back New York, here are two articles:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/25/nyregion/25gay.html
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/03/17/New_York_Fights_Back/
Bari Zahn
Kaye Scholer LLP
ph 212.836.7854
fax 212.836.6378

This message may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information from the law firm Kaye Scholer LLP. If delivered to anyone other than the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email or by telephone (212.836.8000) and delete the message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.