[Fredslist] Marketing Job Oppty for Gotham Members

Ruth H. Domber Ruth at 1010Optics.com
Thu Apr 15 13:56:52 EDT 2010

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM MY NIECE.  PLEASE REPLY TO HER AT jdomber at gmail.com.   Thanks, Ruth Domber, 10/10 Optics

From: Jenna Domber <jdomber at gmail.com>
To: OPTICS1010 at aol.com <optics1010 at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Apr 14, 2010 12:52 pm
Subject: marketing israel

Hi Ruth,

Attached is the creative brief, but in short: we are looking for a company to come up with a creative concept.

Please circulate on your network,
Client: JLI TEENS

Who we are: JLI Teens, a branch of the Jewish Learning Institute (JLI), develops learning curriculum for Chabad Centers all over the world for students ages 13-17. Additionally, we provide our affiliates with the necessary tools for marketing and recruiting students in their community.
Our courses present fundamental topics in Judaism in an interactive, stimulating, and relevant way. The courses are profound, thought-provoking, and powerful – tackling controversial issues in a mature yet fun environment.  Besides a teacher’s manual, JLI Teens also provides audio/visual teaching tools and PowerPoint presentations for classroom use.

Creative assignment: We are about to launch our newest course and are looking for a grand idea how to package and market it to teens. The assignment is to come up with a creative concept that will provoke and engage the teens, capture their interest and attention, and stimulate them to sign up for the program.
The course is about the Israel, the homeland of the Jewish people and its central role in Judaism. Some key questions include:
·        Why should we care about Israel?
·        Why is it called the “Holy” land?
·        What ownership right do Jews have to the Land of Israel?
·        What should Israel do to bring peace? Can Israel ever coexist with its Arab neighbors?
·        How can Jews living in the Diaspora relate to Israel?
 The marketing concept needs to be true to the material yet also translate into an exciting recruitment strategy. A central marketing theme should be integrated into materials created to engage and recruit teens using traditional and new media channels.

Objective: Provoke teenagers to register for a free-standing afterschool six-week course.

Target audience: Secular, Jewish teenager ages 13-17 who are busy with extracurricular activities, technologically savvy and struggling with quintessential teenager issues such as popularity, identity, friendship, and independence. They are influenced by social-pressures and pop culture.

Attitudes: Currently, most Jewish teens feel little or no personal connection to Israel, it holds no relevance or significance to their life. The course aims to educate them about the land, their connection to it, and its centrality in Judaism. From the course, students will become empowered to discuss the subject and develop a sense of love, pride, and connection to Israel.

Desired image or personality: Hip, fun, controversial, exclusive, edgy, informational, relevant.