[Fredslist] Westchester Appellate Help Needed

Jim Kramer jkramer at xand.com
Tue Oct 27 07:31:57 EDT 2009

I got a interesting request from an old friend from out of town...told
them about Gotham Magic...let's see if we can help!

They are working on a case in Westchester County for one of their
elderly ALZ-stricken family members.
I am not clear on the legalese- I can only paste in what they said:

We are looking for an attorney who is very experienced in the appellate
division of the Westchester court system.

We thought we had a settlement worked out to get this man to go away,
which his lawyer was happy about because it was generous, but the man
refuses, wants more, more. This will leave our Aunt with not enough to
live on in her expensive ALZ unit.

......we need a real appeals superstar to help us.  Our lawyer  is not
experienced in these types of appeals, but knows more about this case
than anyone else at this point. So they must be able to work with our
lawyer. We are at the stage now where we are printing the 1,000 pages we
have so far for the appeals judges to read.
We do have merit in our appeal, and it is a very interesting case for an
attorney plus they would be doing a good service of protecting this
elderly person from the grip of a con man who wants everything she has.

If you have any referrals or feedback please let me know.....
Thank you!

Jim Kramer
Vice President, Sales
Xand Corporation