[Fredslist] Seeking football tickets for an 8th grade student

patricia jordan patjordan321 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:43:36 EDT 2009

Dear Gothamites,

I got the message below via one of my Mothers' organizations.  If anyone can
offer football tickets, this gesture would make a world of difference to an
aspiring scholar-athlete. Please contact me if you can help.

Pat Jordan
Diversity Group
patjordan321 at gmail.com

Greetings all-

This is Gyl Rose from the neighboorhood. I work as NYC Guidance Counselor in
District 5.
Yesterday, I connected with an eighth grader of mine whom I was seeing for
disciplinary issues. After our session, I learned the Manirou Mbaye (from
Senegal) was abandoned by his mother at age three and left in the care of
his babysitter, a hispanic woman. This woman taught him spanish (which he
speaks fluently) and agreed to care for him. His father financially supports
him and Manirou (who is very angry) has no contact with his mother ( his
choice). Anyway, Manirou is applying to Catholic high schools because he
wants to play football. He's muslim. Actually he has been playing football
for 4 years with the Bronx Mustangs a Pop Warner team. He plays QB. He also
is a level 3 student and he is trying to maintain good grades. I was shocked
when he told me he had never been to a professional football game and that
is a dream of his.

I would like to help his dream come true this year while encouraging him to
stay on course with his academics and behavior. Manirou is often teased a
lot because he is VERY dark (but his skin is creamy and smooth like dark
chocolate).

As a NYC school employee in a failing school (sorry to say but my school is
in trouble) my resources and budget does not extend to football tickets.

I'm asking if 2 tickets to a Giants or Jets game come across your desk and
you are willing to part with them- will you please remember Manirou. I have
transportation and would be able to get consent from his father. I know he
would be extremely greatful and so would I.

Thanks for taking the time to read this story.

Gyl-M.Rose Bartholomew
(917) 921-6392

P.S. In 2003 one of my students who was abandoned by her parents came to
live with me and still does to this day. I try to help and I really care
about the children I service. Thanks again.

Messages in this topic (1)
..

View and comment online:
http://www.bigtent.com/group/forum/message/25182649?md=MTUzNDcwODU=
HINT: When replying by email, please do not include the original message.

Terms of Use: https://www.bigtent.com/terms?md=MTUzNDcwODU=
Privacy Policy: https://www.bigtent.com/privacy?md=MTUzNDcwODU=
Need help? https://www.bigtent.com/help?md=MTUzNDcwODU=