[Fredslist] I am walking in the Alzheimers Memory Walk and would appreciate your support

Debra B. Lindner debbie at gothamnetworking.com
Sun Oct 4 10:48:56 EDT 2009

Hi Gotham:

In a few weeks, on Sunday, October 25, I will be participating in the Memory
Walk in Riverside Park to raise funds to find a cure for Alzheimers. My
website is http://MW2009nyc.kintera.org/debbielindner

I am asking for your support in my efforts to find a cure.  As you may know
I am determined to make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's
disease. This evil disease has touched many people I love, including my
wonderful Mom, Peggy.

Currently, there is no cure and no survivors .. I can't even wrap my head
around that - no survivors of Alzheimers - unthinkable and unacceptable to
me.  Please help me in my mission to raise funds ..

So many people are under the misconception that this disease is typical
aging, impacts only the elderly, is just mild confusion - all untrue so it's
time to find a cure before Alzheimers finds you and your loved ones.

Every 70 seconds someone will be diagnosed with this disease which has no
survivors - help me to fund a cure.

Thanks for your support.  I appreciate it - I understand it is hard to give
in these difficult times and I respect that we are all committed to so many
causes which need our support - so please know any amount is appreciated.
Here are some amounts that tie into the statistics of this disease:

$5.30 for the 5.3 million Americans with Alzheimer's

$10 for their 10 million Alzheimer caregivers

$35 for the 35 million people with Alzheimer's around the world

$78 for the 78 million US baby boomers who will be impacted by Alzheimer's
disease.

Thank you Gotham,

Debbie

Debra B. Lindner

Administrative Director, Gotham City Networking

debbie at gothamnetworking.com

I am walking for a cure for Alzheimer's -
http://MW2009nyc.kintera.org/debbielindner