[Fredslist] Companion Dogs for People with Disabilities

Sajiun, Susan Susan.Sajiun at Hubinternational.com
Mon May 4 13:26:04 EDT 2009

Hello all! Guide dog foundation for the blind provides dogs for all causes as an fyi. I am copying kathy genovese of guide dog who is the best person to speak with. They are a great organization!

----- Original Message -----
From: fredslist-bounces at gothamnetworking.com <fredslist-bounces at gothamnetworking.com>
To: fredslist at gothamnetworking.com <fredslist at gothamnetworking.com>
Sent: Mon May 04 07:44:21 2009
Subject: [Fredslist] Companion Dogs for People with Disabilities

Hello Along the Gotham Network,

I am looking to see if anyone has any leads on how to find a place where my family and I can get a companion dog for my dad.  He has Parkinson’s and would really like to get a dog, but we know that it needs to be a dog that is specialty trained in the area of people with disabilities.  He can not have a hyper dog or a dog that would run in front of him, and it would put us all at ease to know when my mom is not around, should he fall or need help, he would have the dog to get assistance for him.  They live in Brooklyn.

I have been doing some research online for this information, but thought I would reach out to Gotham to see if anyone has any information that could help make this whole process easier.  We have had dogs all of our lives, so we know the responsibilities of owning one.  Any leads would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Janet

Janet Castrogiovanni

Virtual Assistant