[Fredslist] Clearwater - you can sail or listen to music for a good cause!

Gail Koelln gkgrantwriting at verizon.net
Tue Mar 31 11:44:49 EDT 2009

Dear Fellow Gothamites,

Clearwater, the environmental organization founded by Pete Seeger, is the
"adopted" charity of Gotham Green.  Below are two announcements that could
be fun for our members while also helping a good cause.  If you are
interested in particular in the second item, please let me know, as we are
trying to support Clearwater by selling tickets!

Thanks,

Gail

COME SAIL ON THE CLEARWATER!!!  We urgently need people interested in
sailing this April and May to volunteer for an exciting week on the Hudson
River Sloop Clearwater.  We are accepting applications to participate in our
environmental education program. Volunteers are integral to achieving our
goal of creating the environmental leaders of tomorrow, we depend on you!
Please fill out and return this application as soon as possible:
www.clearwater.org/pdf/volapp.pdf
<mip://075d8df0/www.clearwater.org/pdf/volapp.pdf>

Sun, May 3, 7:00 p.m. PETE SEEGER'S 90TH BIRTHDAY Featuring: Dave Matthews,
Eddie Vedder, Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Emmylou Harris, Juanes,
Arlo Guthrie, Ani Difranco and Michael Franti among over 40 artists
performing for a one night only concert at Madison Square Garden in New York
City. Tickets Go on Sale to the Public on Mon, March 30 at 9am
www.ticketmaster.com <mip://075d8df0/www.ticketmaster.com>  and range in
price from $19.19 (the year Pete was born) to $250, with the majority of
seats at $90 to honor Pete's 90th birthday.  Clearwater Legacy packages at
$500 and $1,250 also available.  Every ticket purchased includes a one-year
membership to Clearwater (new members only). This once-in-a-lifetime concert
event will benefit and raise awareness for Hudson River Sloop Clearwater,
founded by Pete Seeger, and our efforts to create the next generation of
environmental leaders.  Seeger, a legendary folk singer, political activist
and avid environmentalist, has long inspired social change through his
extraordinary life and music. NEARLY SOLD OUT ALREADY.

Gail Koelln

President

GK Grant Writing

82-52 211 Street