[Fredslist] Gotham's Amazing Book Club

Rona Gura ronagura at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 23:49:21 EDT 2009

I just had to send out a Gothamwide kudos to Julie Klein for her current pick for the book club-The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. As with many of Julie's picks, this is not a book I would have chosen on my own to read but I am so glad that she chose it for me. I am about halfway through and am completely engrossed in these characters' stories and have learned so much about a culture that I didn't realize was so foreign to me.

The best part, of course, is the chance to chat on line with the author, Junot Diaz, on April 3. And this is more than chatting with an author as this author won a Pulitzer for writing this book. I can't wait to find out first-hand what that experience is like. I invite all the readers in Gotham to join us.

Thank you so much Julie.