[Fredslist] Immigration and medicare expert needed

katalin katalin at medbillsassist.com
Tue Jul 28 12:30:51 EDT 2009

Dear Thomas,

I decided to respond to the group as Medicare questions, just
like this,  surface often.

Medicare covers three main groups: people over the age of 65, the
disabled, and those who has severe renal disease.

Medicare part A (covers inpatient care) is an entitlement. It is
earned by working 40 quarters (10 years) and paying for it by
general payroll or other deductions. It is provided free of
charge for those who qualify.  For people who does not qualify,
such as your mom,  can purchase coverage for  $443 per month in
2009.

Medicare part B (covers outpatient, doctors, medical equipment,
etc)  is an elective coverage and cost based on a sliding scale.
The base price is $96.40 per month.

Medicare part D (covers prescription drugs) is an additional
benefit and prices range by state and coverage.

You are still not done as Medicare only pays 80% of the Medicare
allowable fee schedule.  You will need a supplemental plan.  Most
states offer plans from A to L.

Please call me if you have a specific question.

Sincerely,

Katalin Goencz CIC
MedBillsAssist  a division of O&K Consulting
Phone: 203-569-7610
Fax: 203.973.0367
katalin at medbillsassist.com

http://www.medbillsassist.com/