[Fredslist] Trademark Question

Jeff Fine jeff.fine2 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 27 18:20:08 EDT 2009

Hi Gotham,

I have a new name for my business. At least I thought it was new. I did
a search on the United States Patent and Trademark website and nobody
else has trademarked it. Then I did a search on yahoo and found several
other similar names with slight variations. There is one that is an
exact match providing similar services. In this case, the business
applied for a trademark in 2007 but apparently never completed the
process and is listed as abandoned/dead.

Given all this, can I still use the name?

Thanks,
Jeff Fine

Jeff Fine, LCSW, MS, NSCA-CPT
Integrated Lifestyle Management