[Fredslist] Re: Brookdale Center Co-Director Job Description

katalin katalin at medbillsassist.com
Mon Jul 13 13:07:07 EDT 2009

Job opening at the Brookdale Center. Please see below for more info.

I am writing to ask for your help on behalf of Hunter College of the City University of New York, which is seeking an intelligent, experienced and committed individual to run the Sadin Institute on Law, Policy and Aging and co-direct the Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging and Longevity, of which Sadin is a part.  If you don’t know it already, Brookdale advances a multi-disciplinary approach to the issues surrounding successful aging and longevity, and does so through research, education, and evaluation of evidence-based models of practice and policy.  The Sadin Institute in particular focuses on law and public policy as it pertains to the aging population, particularly in New York.

The ideal candidate would be someone who wants the opportunity to develop the Institute into the ‘go to’ organization on these public policy and legal issues on aging.  It is also the opportunity to become a key player in developing the dialogue on aging, thereby raising the profile of this prestigious urban college in this arena.

Attached please find the job description for the position.  I am hopeful you will be able to direct us to candidates, sources and/or places likely to lead us to qualified candidates.

Please give me a call if you have any thoughts, suggestions or questions.
Also, please feel free to forward the job description to anyone you see fit.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give.

Sincerely,

Anne

Anne J. McCarthy, Senior Associate
Harris Rand Lusk
261 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY  10016
Phone:  (212) 808-4360
Fax:      (212) 391-7826
E-Mail:  amccarthy at harrisrand.com
Website:  http://www.harrisrand.com/

 (See attached file: Brookdale Co-Director JD Final.doc)