[Fredslist] NY Times Opportunity for Camp Parents

Jill Tipograph/Everything Summer jill at everythingsummer.com
Thu Jul 9 18:43:48 EDT 2009

A reporter from the NY Times with whom I have worked before interviewed me
for a camp story she is working on.

The story is about parents whose children will attend day camp (or day
programs) this summer
instead of sleepaway camp. It might be because of the economy; or a
long-planned family vacation could make sleepaway camp impractical, or
perhaps a child simply didn't enjoy being away from home. In any case, the
focus is really on the parents' feelings about having their children home
this summer. Are they already wistful about previous summers when, for a few
carefree weeks, they didn't have to plan dinner and could go straight from
work to a grownup movie? Or maybe they're looking forward to spending some
unstructured time with their kids? Or both?

She is interested in speaking briefly with any mothers and/or fathers
(single parents are welcome) in New York, Connecticut or New Jersey who
might fit this profile and would share their thoughts in a brief phone
interview.

If you know of anyone who might be appropriate, please let me know as soon
as you can. I will need their names, town/city in which they reside, and
email/phone, along with a brief description of their situation.

P.S. The parent(s) might be able to remain partially anonymous and some
reasons camouflaged (i.e. this is not a focus on the finances of families).
But their quotes are more likely to make the article if they disclose their
name, etc. (kids names are not necessary at all, and camp names don't need
to be included either).

Thanks,

Jill Tipograph
Founder/Director
Everything Summer, LLC
jill at everythingsummer.com
www.everythingsummer.com

Author of Your Everything Summer Guide & Planner
<http://www.everythingsummer.com/guide.asp>