[Fredslist] Credit Help for a Client and Some Pension Advice for All

Planman201 at aol.com Planman201 at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 11:33:42 EST 2009

Hello Gotham:

I have a client that is facing a frustrating situation  and has asked me for
help. here is his plight:

He pays his bills on  time in full. Has never missed a payment and never a
late payment. His  credit is very good but NOT excellent (720 score). This is
coming back to hurt  him not with acquiring credit but not being able to have an
"excellent"  rating.He has been to the credit bureaus and it's become a
revolving door for he  and his wife.

I know there are professionals out there who address these  issues. Does
anyone know someone who does this professionally.  I would  like to help this
client and I believe this type of problem will be more  prevalent as the passes.

Please advise.

Thanks in  advance.

PS - IMPORTANT FOR ALL - Pension Protection Act  (PPA) is requiring ALL
retirement plans MUST BE RESTATED pursuant to Post  ETGTRA terms of PPA. Now is the
time for you to take a long hard look  at all of your retirement plan
designs, documents and  investments. Everything is changing this and next year for
the retirement  world and although there are fantastic opportunities there are
also unknown  minefields out there. Uncle Sam is looking for non-reformed plans
more than ever  and unfortunately, many of the mediocre third party
administrators are not  attending to these issues properly.

Many defined benefit plans are under  funded which creates a problem for
those plans - they will need adjustments and  restating and now MUST address the
Pension Benefit Guarantee Association with  increased PBGA premiums. Most
defined contribution plans (401k, profit sharing  plans, SEPs, etc.) are some 30%
to 40% lower in value than this time last year.  These plans usually cannot be
reformulated but face potentially serious  fiduciary breaches by the plan
sponsors/administrators who are almost always the  employers. ERISA lawsuits are
on the rise and employers MUST find ways to  mitigate this problem for
themselves as fiduciaries and their  employees.

We at AFG have found this to be the case with nearly a dozen  and a half of
the plans we took over last fall. Take heed and take caution, my  friends.
Aside from a bad economy, we are facing tenuous times in the planning  world with
the government's need for  revenue.

Regards,

Richard A.  Pope CAP, RFC
Financial Advisor
President/CEO
516 677-6212 phone
516  677-6858 fax

==
The  information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is  addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review,  retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action in  reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended  recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
contact the  sender and delete the material from all computers.

For additional  information on Applied Financial Group please see our website
at  appliedfinancialgroup.net. To send an email to our office use the above
emails  address or go to our web address or use info at appliedfinancialgroup.net.

IRS CIRCULAR 230  DISCLOSURE:
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we  inform you
that
any US tax advice contained in this communication (including  any
attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used,  for the purpose
of
(i) Avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or  (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or  matter addressed
herein.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)