[Fredslist] Free MRI Brain Scans Courtesy of The Brain Tumor Foundation

Joel Schnur joel at schnurassociates.com
Mon Jan 5 10:54:22 EST 2009

Along the Network:

As I have written before, my client, The Brain Tumor Foundation, , in a
concerted effort to identify individuals with undetected brain tumors, is
having its 70 ft tractor-trailer Mobile MRI Unit tour the city offering free
MRI brain scans.

The Unit spent all of December in the Flatbush and Bensonhurst neighborhoods
of Brooklyn. Of the 200 + scans taken to date, three New Yorkers were
identified with brain tumors and close to three dozen with abnormalities.
Some abnormalities are clearly age-related, while others have been
identified as early onset MS or Alzheimers.

The Unit is now in Manhattan and is on the north side of West 33rd Street,
between Seventh and Eighth Avenues, closer to Seventh. Should you or a loved
one wish to take a free MRI brain scan all you have to do is call
1-877-SCANNYC. By calling this number you will be given a dedicated time
slot for your scan. The Unit will be at this location till January 11.
Afterwards it will be moving on to Staten Island, Harlem and St. Albans,
Queens.

There are some restrictions, e.g. pacemaker, metal plate in skull, previous
brain tumor diagnosis, so call this number before you "come on down."

I will provide updates on the MRI Unit's travel plans as they unfold.

Remember, the life you save, may be your own.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Joel Schnur

___________________________

Joel Schnur

Senior VP