[Fredslist] Promo: Are You Easy?

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Fri Feb 20 14:47:16 EST 2009

Do your clients consider you easy? No, not the type of “easy” that
wasn’t such a good thing to be in high school, I’m asking if you are
easy to work with. The key components to having a good long-term
relationship with those you sell to are being someone who is
flexible, responsive, and available. Let’s take a closer look at the
concept of being easy.

Flexibility
Do you take a one size fits all approach with clients or do you
design your product offerings and services to benefit their specific
needs? Flexibility is a must if you have competition. When you are
rigid with what you offer, you are giving your competition an edge,
and they will most certainly accommodate your clients’ needs. Don’t
give your competition the opportunity. Keep in mind that flexibility
doesn’t just stop with what you are offering; it also applies to how
you conduct business. Find out what your clients’ preferred method of
communication is and use it. While you may like email, Joe Customer
might prefer a phone call. It’s your job to find out preferences to
keep your clients happy and to maintain an ongoing image of being
flexible and “easy.”

Responsiveness
Don’t underestimate how your success is affected by your ability to
respond to a phone call or email. Let’s put it another way – being
slow to respond is a surefire way to lose a client. Even if you don’t
necessarily have an answer to what your client is asking, returning
their call or email promptly is paramount. It’s always better to
respond with an “I don’t know” than not to respond at all. Develop a
timeframe in which you return all calls and emails and stick with it.

Availability
Availability goes hand-in-hand with responsiveness and is vital to
keeping relationships strong and functioning properly. The goal
should always be to make it as easy as possible for your clients to
reach you.  If you have a receptionist, make sure that the person is
professional, friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. Your clients
should feel welcomed each time they call. If you have an auto
attendant, make it user-friendly. Don’t drag your clients through a
lengthy and unwieldy menu. If you are unreachable, have a default
person or solution that can help your client.

I can help you to be easy:)
Give a call.
Happy Friday.

A.

Adrian Miller Sales Training
516-767-9288
516-445-1135 (cell)
www.adrianmiller.com
http://www.adrianmiller.com/blog/

http://www.askadrianmiller.com/

www.mysalesquestion.com/

See my book: The Blatant Truth: 50 Ways to Sales Success" at
http://www.theblatanttruth.com/

Follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/amst

"What if we train them and they leave? What if we don't train them
and they stay?"