[Fredslist] Promo: NYS Physicians in Need of Gotham's Support re: impendi...

Sherry Rivera mortgagelady500 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:54:13 EST 2009

Thank you for your input.  As a patient with a "bad" experience with reference to statute of limitations I earnestly agree and appreciate your reminding us to think things through and consider both sides before we get our Gotham  group to use its strength against something they do not fully understand or have the correct information about.

Sherry Rivera
Guardian National Funding
100 North Village Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
516 594-1400

From: absandpe at aol.comDate: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:04:10 -0500Subject: Re: [Fredslist] Promo: NYS Physicians in Need of Gotham's Support re: impendi...To: Steven_Lichtenstein at fhfg.com; fredslist at gothamnetworking.comCC:
Dear Gothamites:

There are two sides to that coin.  As an attorney advocating for patient's, be aware that most other states DO have a discovery statute.  Discovery statutes do not eliminate the statute of limitations.  Most states in the country extend the statute to a point in time where a patient knows or should have known that malpractice was committed. Even the Federal Tort Claims Act DOES have a discovery statute.  The state of the law in NY currently offers no redress to a patient who does not find out about malpractice in the situation where the 2 and a half years has expired.

I personally have had to tell clients faced with a death sentence that they could not sue a doctor because the two and a half years had expired. How do you explain that to someone dying of lung cancer that does not find out that an xray misread a short two years six months and one day ago is outside the statute?

Before voting against something please look into the ramifications on patient's rights as opposed to insurance companies' bottom line.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday weekend.

Sincerely,

Annamarie Bondi-Stoddard, Esq.Pegalis & Erickson, LLCAttorneys At LawRepresenting Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Actions1 Hollow LaneSuite 107Lake Success, NY 11042516-684-2900The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may constitute privileged communications or attorney work product. Any unauthorized access, use, reproduction, transmission, disclosure, or dissemination is prohibited. Neither Pegalis & Erickson, LLC nor the author assumes any legal liability or responsibility for any prohibited use of this information.

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.