[Fredslist] Need a recommendation to a opthamologist in South Florida

BMendelson at aol.com BMendelson at aol.com
Fri Feb 6 08:52:51 EST 2009

Hi Fellow Gothamites-

I need your help in finding a top opthamologist in South Florida  (preferably
the Miami area) specializing in macular degeneration.

Does anyone out there know a doctor who my mom can call or go to? She  was
just diagnosed with macular degeneration (wet type), and of course is very
upset. She'd like to see someone at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in  Miami, but
doesn't know any particular MD. I told her I would investigate and  let her
know who to call, and now I am looking for your help  and recommendations.

I need a recommendation and, if possible, some juice for an  appointment
asap, but just a reco would be great!  I understand  that immediate treatment is
essential upon diagnosis, so please let me know  if you can give me some
guidance here.

Maybe we can get some Gotham magic going here and find a top doc  for my mom.

Thanks all.

Bruce Mendelson
Open House