[Fredslist] Expert Witness Available: Environmental Medicine Physician

Ellin Yassky medici18 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 12:56:05 EST 2009

A friend and colleague of mine, Dr. Peter Rabinowitz, is an Environmental Medicine physician up at Yale University (see his research activities and expertise below). He has recently co-written a book with a veterinarian on how certain medical conditions are caused by environmental situations and can be present in both the animals and their host families. The relevance of this is that many times we have pets who present illness that we ourselves are susceptible to, but don't make the connection. Diseases can go untreated either by the pet owner, or by the pet because we aren't used to thinking of this two-way street (many diseases are species-specific, but many aren't — think of the strains of Avian Bird Flu).

Dr. Rabinowitz has been an expert witness on several
different cases, and is happy to have you contact him should you be in
need of his expertise.

Following is  additional information on Dr. Rabinowitz, supplied by the Yale Internal Medicine web site:

Research Activities
Noise induced hearing loss, heavy metal toxicity, PCB toxicity,
occupational health issues of disadvantaged populations, and animals as
sentinels of human environmental health hazards.
Dr. Rabinowitz has been an expert witness on several different cases, and is happy to have you contact him should you be in need of his expertise:

E-mail
peter.rabinowitz at yale.eduOffice Phone
203-785-4197

Please use my name when contacting him.