[Fredslist] 9th Annual Clothing Drive Holiday Charity Event-Tribeca Theater-This Friday 12/11

Jim Kramer jkramer at xand.com
Wed Dec 9 05:44:51 EST 2009

Hi All,

Just a reminder because the flyer attached to my last email on this was
filtered out- here is a URL to see details...
http://tinyurl.com/yzklge2 <blocked::http://tinyurl.com/yzklge2>

Party is THIS Friday, December 11, 2009, 10PM-4AM, at Tribeca Cinemas,
which is located at 54 Varick Street, 1 block below Canal Street,
The purpose of the event is to generate clothing for the Safe
Horizon/Streetwork Project !

The Streetwork Project helps approximately 10,000 young people between
the ages of 13 and 23 secure temporary and permanent housing each year
in New York City. Many of these young people are survivors of broken
families, poverty, drug addiction, various forms of sexual abuse, and
other social traumas. The event has benefited the Streetwork Project
each of its nine years (except 2005, when we donated to Hurricane
Katrina relief efforts)
and, as always, the program needs clothing for its young people as
winter approaches.

Rather than charge a fee to the party, admission for attendees is the
donation of clothes (coats, hats, gloves, sweaters, scarves, boots,
shoes, etc.), which our team of volunteers load into two Uhaul trucks
right outside the venue.

Once inside, partygoers get to mingle and network with a wide range of
tastemakers, trendsetters, and the like, from the worlds of
entertainment, fashion, sports, politics, the artistic world, academia,
and corporate America. This format has worked very well for us. In past
years, for example, our honorary chairpersons for the event have
included Spike Lee, Rosie Perez, Wynton Marsalis, Cornel West, and
Gloria Steinem, and some of our sponsors through the years have included
Best Buy, Microsoft, VirginMobile, MTV, Vibe, and Nike.

Jim Kramer
Vice President, Sales
Xand Corporation
v. 914-592-8282 f. 914-592-3482