[Fredslist] Promo: Six in the City

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Fri Aug 7 15:49:24 EDT 2009

Do you participate in networking breakfasts or lunches? I don’t
necessarily mean group meetings but rather those one-on-ones that you
set up in order to get to know a person better, to learn about their
business and how you might be able to leverage introductions and
connections.

Does it seem like you’re spending an inordinate amount of time setting
up and attending these get-togethers and are you even finding it
difficult to fit all of these networking “appointments” into an
already crowded schedule?

If so, you’re not alone.  Networking is extremely time-consuming and
when you factor in the sheer quantity of individual meetings that you
must do, it’s no wonder that you might be getting burned out.

If I’ve described your state of mind (um, over-scheduled calendar),
well then how about this?

Six in the city.

Let’s take that idea of one-to-one networking engagements and expand
them just a bit.

How about if you and your networking contact each invite two other
people to the breakfast or lunch. With a little planning and the
establishment of some parameters or categories, you can craft a very
worthwhile mini networking activity, in which each person in this
group of six has the opportunity to make some contacts.

Of course six is not feasible if the networking meeting has to be
highly confidential or exclusive, but most often these breakfasts and
lunches are scheduled purely in order for the two people to get to
know one another better.

Think about it. You can expand your contacts while managing and using
your time in the most efficient manner.

And, in the meantime check out Adrian's Network. We're growing our
community and growing our businesses and a good time is being had by
all. So, who is up for lunch?
  http://www.adriansnetwork.com

Adrian Miller
Adrian Miller Sales Training