[Fredslist] "Project Rescue"

Cary Spiegel cspiegel at spiegelconsultants.com
Tue Aug 4 09:58:58 EDT 2009

Please post the following letter to Fred's List.  Thank you.

Cary Spiegel

Dear Gotham:

Spiegel Consultants, LLC, based in New York City, has been representing many
developers and institutions as Owner's Representative and Construction
Manager over the last 8 years.  I have been in the construction business for
over 30 years.  With the current state of the economy, we have been talking
to an increasing number of developers and lenders who have uncompleted
projects and are looking for a solution to what they feel is a no-win
situation.  Even when the economy was good, we were asked to step into
mismanaged projects and help turn them around.

We are looking for lending institutions that are in the process of
foreclosing on properties, or who have foreclosed already.  We can help the
banks analyze the work that needs to be done and put a plan together to
accomplish this goal.

We know that banks are reluctant to foreclose because they do not want to be
"stuck" with bad projects.  What the banks must understand is that these
properties will further devalue because of neglect.  There could be water
damage, toxic mold, vandalism, etc.  We can help these banks before they are
forced to completely write off these projects and dump them as "fire sales."
There are a lot of vultures out there waiting to pounce on devalued
properties.  We would like to help you with any projects that you may be
able to rescue before they fall into decay.

Please contact me if you know of any banks or lending institutions that we
can help.

Cary J. Spiegel, AIA

Spiegel Consultants, LLC.

104 Charlton Street