[Fredslist] Advice on replacing Verizon

Chris Trahan ctrahan at nni.com
Thu Apr 9 17:05:56 EDT 2009

I am using Verizon for my business phone and DSL, and have been approached
by a company, Broadview Networks which is offering to take over the phone
and DSL service at nearly 50 % less /month. I called two references which
gave very positive feedback regarding improved service in addition to the
lower cost. However, my assistant Googled (DSLreports.com came up) Broadview
and found consistently negative reviews. The two favorable references are
local, recent customers of Broadview, while the negative ones are from
different parts of the country, and some not very recent. Also, my service
needs are probably more straightforward than those who gave negative
reviews. Cable service is not an option for me. Does anyone have any
suggestions RE: cautions against switching, or other specific options to
replace Verizon?

Thank you Gotham.

Christopher Trahan
ctrahan at nni.com