[Fredslist] A personal success story Re: Scott M Klein

Cynthia Somma cssomma at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 11:24:44 EDT 2008

Gotham member waved their wand...AGAIN!

Just wanted to share a personal story about Scott Klein.

I met Scott a while back when our group, Gotham Healthcare, was formed.
At the end of the 2007, I was in dire need of setting up an SEP account for myself (otherwise I would be dealing with MAJOR tax expenses). Scott and Vincent of Stifel Nicolaus help put that deal together in record time.

Over time, I contacted Scott for advice and quickly knew he would be my Gotham mentor.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Scott about helping me to decide what my 13 year-old son could volunteer for (a requirement for making his Confirmation next year). I wanted this volunteer mission to be more than just a one-shot deal. Scott asked what Steven likes to do. The kid lives, eats and breathes soccer -- 24/7.

In less than 24 hours, Scott had arranged for Steven to volunteer at Hofstra's soccer practices - at the same location where the Jets used to practice!  Scott had contacted the coach via email and we were set. Scott even offered to take Steven to and from the practices, should the need arise. On Saturday, Scott met us there and we got to meet his gorgeous son Michael.

The story gets better.....The coach happens to be an outstanding human being.  He gave Steven a ball signed by the entire team, offered his school or travel team the ability to play during a game at half-time,  offered Steven the job of ball-boy for all games, and he allowed him to "ref" on some of the action during practice (I especially loved this part)---- it puts Steven in "shoes" that he's never been in.....

The coach is also involved in a camp that teaches handicapped children how to play soccer; Steven will now be a volunteer for that organization too.

I owe all of this to Scott -- whom I would never have known if it were not for Gotham.
The mantra is so very true....I will add...
Helping a child is where it all begins.....

Cindy

Cynthia Somma, CPC, CMM
Physicians 1st Reimbursement Svcs, LLC
584 Ardsley Blvd S