[Fredslist] Ronald McDonald House and the NYC Marathon

lindarnewman at verizon.net lindarnewman at verizon.net
Tue Sep 2 18:11:07 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: "Ralph Vogel" <rvogel at rmdh.org>

Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:49:12
Subject: RMDH and the NYC Marathon

Last call for Marathon Runners:

If you were rejected after applying for the NYC Marathon and if you have
a rejection letter with a valid rejection number, and if you would like
to raise some money for the Ronald McDonald House, we have an
opportunity for you.  BUT, YOU MUST ACT NOW!

We have an established relationship with a city wide agency that may be
able to get you into the Marathon if you fit the qualifications above.
We have asked this agency to assist with this in the past and they have
been able to get runners with valid rejection numbers into the Marathon
and are making a similar offer at this time (with the same level of
probability, but alas no guarantee).  What we are asking of you is
fairly simple, make a commitment to raise a minimum of $245, or the cost
of a family's stay at the Ronald McDonald House, and a registration fee
of $50 (which can be credited against your total raised once you reach
the minimum) including the cost of your running singlet (stylishly
designed with our Team Ronald McDonald Logo), a delicious Pasta Dinner
the night before and transportation on the morning of the Marathon to
the starting line area on Staten Island.  Plus, you will have the House
cheering you on as you come through the Upper East Side, and the
satisfaction that your pledges went to support a Charity that you know
and love.  What could be better than that?

If you are interested in running you have to act immediately, since we
put out the word earlier this summer we had more than a few persons
express their interest to run and have several persons who have given us
all of their information and copies of their rejection letters/numbers,
but this Friday morning will be the last we can keep the door open and
your action is vital to get you into the Marathon.  Registration for
this opportunity will close this Friday at noon (9/5/2008).  You may
e-mail Rick Martin, RMDH Director of Development, at rmartin at rmdh.org
<mailto:rmartin at rmdh.org>  with your name and address and other basic
info as well as your rejection number (regrettably we cannot take action
without this number) and we will submit your information and let you
know the status as soon as we know.   Thanks!

Ralph W Vogel

Director - Human Resources, Volunteers & Programs

Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

212.639.0180