[Fredslist] Arizona Calling

Fred Klein fklein at kleinzelman.com
Fri Oct 24 10:04:51 EDT 2008

Steve Guttell is a good friend who happens to be an employment law partner
in Gust Rosenfeld P. L. C., a major Arizona law firm.  I asked him to send
me the below email concerning his personal professional expansion.  Please
consider him if you know someone in need in his geographic area.  His email
follows:

As I mentioned, I am expanding my professional activities to make myself
available to serve as a neutral providing mediation and arbitration
services, particularly in the area of employment law.

I have been involved in ADR for many years and provide these services in
various capacities.  I conduct private mediations and also act as a
settlement conference judge pro tem on behalf of the Maricopa County
Superior Court.  I have recently served as arbitrator in a number of
private arbitrations. In addition, I have been trained as a transformative
mediator and have been conducting mediations on behalf of the United States
Postal Service for the last year.  I am also an arbitrator for the State
Bar Fee Arbitration Committee (currently serving on the Rules Committee).
Formerly, I served as Chair of the Alternatives to Litigation Subcommittee
of the ABA Committee on Employment Rights and Responsibilities, Labor and
Employment Law Section.

I am on the American Arbitration Association’s mediation and arbitration
panels and can handle matters through the organization.  I am also
available to handle matters through my law firm, Gust Rosenfeld P.L.C.

I frequently pursue additional professional training opportunities in order
to continue to enhance and sharpen my skills. In addition to ongoing
American Arbitration Association training, I most recently attended a
40-hour comprehensive mediation program through Professional Mediation
Associates in northern California.

I have attached my resume.  If there is a need for neutral services in the
New York City area (or elsewhere) and arrangements can be made to cover
expenses, I would certainly make myself available.  I understand that in
some disputes the affected parties prefer someone who is completely out of
the area to assure neutrality.

Thank you again,
Steve

Steven M. Guttell
Gust Rosenfeld P.L.C.
201 E. Washington, Suite 800
Phoenix, AZ  85004-2327
602.257.7499 (direct)
602.254.4878 (fax)

 (See attached file: Steve Guttell Bio.pdf)
__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein Zelman Rothermel LLP
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com***This e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Secs 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This e-mail, and any documents attached, may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the work product and/or other privileges.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,  please delete the email and notify the sender if we are sending you  materials in error.

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or  written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of  voiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230 applies.***