[Fredslist] Yet another reason why I love Gotham

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Tue Oct 21 14:27:54 EDT 2008

In my nearly two years as a Gothamite, I've learned a lot from so many
of our fellow members.  The most important thing I've learned (in
addition to our motto) is how to "follow the thread."  By that I mean
following up on all introductions from everyone who provides them.

Fellow tribesman Ron England introduced me to a terrific lady, Marcia
Nelson.  Marcia in turn invited me to several networking events.  At one
of those events, I was introduced to Sanjay Bharwani, who, like me,
worked for the Safra family.  He reconnected me to a former colleague,
with whom I'd lost touch, which was wonderful.  We're also going to be
doing some very interesting business together in the near future.

Then, two weeks ago, Sanjay cyber-introduced me to one Ed Grebeck, who
lives and works here in Stamford.  Ed then introduced me to Janice
Fioravante, who does freelance writing for several financial
publications, including Institutional Investor and Alpha Magazine, among
others.

Janice contacted me to get my take on some fairly arcane issues, and now
I'm going to be quoted extensively in her article for Alpha Magazine!
Free publicity!  In front of an audience I want to reach.

It just doesn't get better, folks!

Lucas J. Meyer

5th Street Advisors, LLC

34 5th Street