[Fredslist] Cousins Selling an Ocean and Habor View House in Belfast Maine

Susan Pickman spickman at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 10:00:44 EDT 2008

HOUSE FOR SALE!
"Harbor Moon" in Belfast, Maine

Harbor Moon, taken from our deck:

>From the street, looking south, with early autumn afternoon sunshine
from the west:

Attention friends and family!

We have been hard at work this past year renovating a turn of the
century (that's 19th century, folks) house located at the corner of
Harbor and Bayview streets, here in Belfast, Maine. This
labor-of-love-house is across the street from where we live, in a
wonderful area with terrific neighbors in a great small town here in
midcoast Maine. Any of you who have visited Belfast know all the great
details that add up to make living here so wonderful and satisfying.

Now that renovations have been completed and outside landscaping is in
progress, we wanted to offer this gem first to people we know and care
abouteople we would love to have as neighbors, whether full-time or
for the summer season and other vacations. We have not listed with a
realtor yet, so this is a great opportunity to save some money, and
also to take advantage of newly-lowered interest rates.

This is a first quality offering and if we didn't already live across
the street and love our house, WE would be moving into it.
Midcoast Maine has not lost as much value in the recent market slump
as other areas, and has continued to appreciate in value overall. This
region continues to be a destination for retirees, artists,
vacationers, and for people with start-up businesses, and many others,
and homes in our specific  neighborhood are highly-sought after,
especially an ocean view property with a very large open lot in front.
There will be a view easement on this lot to protect the views of this
house and our house across the street.

If you are intrigued or someone YOU know might be, please let us know,
pronto (as in "ASAP").

In the meantime, here are some descriptions, as well as helpful links
about Belfast (see far below).

We have a vibrant downtown, numerous local businesses, no mega malls
or big box overdevelopment to make the town look like Everywhere Else,
USA, a great bay for sailing, a great arts community, alternative
health care (including 4 acupuncturists of which I, Rhonda, am one as
a Dr. of Asian Medicine), a large and community-oriented,
community-owned food cooperative,  3  independent bookstores, Maine
department store Reny's for clothing and housewares, local hardware
stores and building supply businesses (NO Lowe's or Home Depot), The
Green Store for environmentally-sound products, and Colburn's, "The
oldest shoe store in America" (really!), among other local stores, and
community radio and public radio as well...

Belfast has been listed as one of the 100 best small art towns in
America, with lots of small galleries, an arts center offering
classes, shows and events. We have several venues for local theatre
productions and the National Theatre Workshop of the Handicapped
offers classes at its Belfast campus. We also are the home of the
University of Maine's Hutchinson Center
(http://www.hutchinsoncenter.umaine.edu/), which offers classes and
degree programs.

Hope you all are well and enjoying autumn.
Love,
Petra and Rhonda
207-338-4454

PS
More PICTURES  will be emailed/sent upon request (we know how some
computers can't always handle picture downloads).

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Available for Purchase: "Harbor Moon"
Single-Family Home in Belfast, Maine
A totally renovated Maine coast cottage-style home with a large corner
lot and in turnkey condition in a great location... A rare find!

ASKING $459,000

           *Located at the corner of Harbor and Bayview Streets in a
highly desirable in-town neighborhood
           *Newly-renovated Maine cottage-style home with 3+ bedrooms
           *Ocean and harbor views from most rooms (yes, you can see
the moon arising from the harbor below)
           *Light, spacious and sunny
           *Large oversized corner lot 2 blocks from Belfast Bay
leading out to Penobscot Bay
           *Short walk to downtown shopping, restaurants, beach front,
local parks, downtown harbor, and county hospital
           *Completely and tastefully renovated, high-quality
materials and workmanship
           *New kitchen, wood cabinets, tiling and plumbing
           *2 bathrooms- full bathroom plus 3/4
           *Bathroom on first floor with shower and hook up for
washer-dryer stackables
           *Full bathroom upstairs with new subway-style bath tiling
           *Original refinished yellow pine wood floors throughout
           *New Marmoleum flooring in both bathrooms
           *New hand-applied cedar shingles (from sustainable forests)
           *All new top-of-the-line, high-efficiency windows: Anderson
casements 400 series  and Paradigm double-hung replacement windows
           *All new top-of-the-line, highly-efficient blown-in
insulation thoughout walls plus Corbond spray-in-place insulating foam
in basement and attic
           *New state-of-the-art, energy-efficient Buderus wall-hung
radiant wall heaters and hot water baseboard heating with 2 heating
zones
           *New plumbing and electrical systems throughout
           *New lighting and plumbing fixtures
           *New low-flow, energy-efficient American Standard Cadet-3
and Toto Eco-Drake flush toilets
           *New Bosch dishwasher
           *New drainage system with Thoroseal coating on foundation
           *Newly painted inside and out
           *New artful stonework
           *Attic
           *Private deck in rear
           *Full concrete basement with workspace for gardening or other hobbies
           *Attached shed for use as workshop/studio/storage
           *Large garage equipped with electricity and used as a workshop

Sq. Footage:
First floor: 632
Second floor: 480
Third floor (attic): 200
Full basement: 632
Attached shed: approx. 200 plus loft
Lot size: 0.33 acres (surveyed)
************************************

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Loads of links about Belfast when you Google
"Belfast, Maine":
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Belfast,+Maine&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
including the Belfast Chamber of Commerce:
http://www.belfastmaine.org/
PLEASE CONTACT:
Petra Hall and Rhonda Feiman
207-338-4454